Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 16, 2008

What is Bonnaroo?

Ok, so I might be one of the few that don't know about this summer music festival. As I was driving through the lovely Tennessee mountains this weekend, traffic came to a crawl around the Manchester area. When it started to ease up, I saw a sea of tents as far as the eye could see. I wondered what it was. The friend I was visiting didn't know what it was either. Ironically, when I got home the pilot had some co-workers over from that area and filled me in. If you're interested, you can Google the word "Bonnaroo" and get all kinds of information.

So I got to thinking about when I was at a great summer festival years and years ago in Birminham, AL called City Stages. It just happened to be this weekend, too. It's much more than the $20 I paid for a weekend full of great music with big name stars, but still quite reasonable if you get your tickets early. If you're interested in other music festivals around the country this summer, I dug up this article from MSNBC. Click here to read.

No comments: